27 Nov The 5 Best Windshield Wiper Brands Online
Windshield wipers are an essential component of any vehicle, playing a crucial role in ensuring clear visibility during adverse weather conditions. With a plethora of brands available online, choosing the right one can be overwhelming. In this article, we’ll explore the five best windshield wiper brands available online, discussing the differences between them, the materials used in wipers, and provide a simple guide on how to replace a faulty wiper blade.
Bosch is renowned for producing high-quality automotive parts, and their windshield wipers are no exception. Bosch wipers are known for their durability and effectiveness in various weather conditions.
- Materials: Bosch typically uses dual rubber technology, which combines a soft rubber for flexibility and a hard rubber for durability. This blend ensures a clean, streak-free wipe and a longer lifespan for the wiper blade.
- Innovative Design: Their Aerotwin range, for example, features an aerodynamic design that reduces drag, noise, and wind lift.
Rain-X is another popular brand, famous not just for their wiper blades but also for their water-repelling products.
- Materials: Rain-X wipers often come with a water-repelling coating applied to the windshield. This coating helps water beads to slide off more easily.
- Special Features: Their Latitude series, for example, is known for its contoured design that adapts to the curvature of the windshield, providing consistent wiping quality.
Michelin is globally recognized for tires, but their windshield wipers also stand out for their quality.
- Materials: Michelin wipers often use a combination of natural rubber and synthetic compounds to enhance flexibility and longevity.
- Unique Design: The Michelin Stealth Ultra wipers, for instance, have a patented smart-flex technology that enables the blade to grip the windshield across its entire length, ensuring a thorough and quiet wipe.
ANCO is a well-established brand that offers a range of wiper blades catering to different needs and budgets.
- Materials: They use DuraKlear exclusive rubber compound in many of their blades, which is known for its resilience against weather elements.
- Variety: ANCO offers a wide range of wipers, including conventional, beam, and hybrid styles, making them a versatile choice for many drivers.
Aero is perhaps less known than some other brands, but it offers high-quality wipers at a competitive price.
- Materials: Aero wipers often use a blend of premium rubber with Teflon coating, ensuring smooth and quiet operation.
- Durability: Their wipers are designed for all-weather performance and are known for their durability and resistance to cracking, splitting, and tearing.
Differences Between Brands
When comparing these brands, consider their unique technologies and materials used. Bosch and Michelin often lead in innovation, while Rain-X offers additional water-repelling benefits. ANCO provides a wide variety, and Aero offers affordability without compromising on quality.
Materials Used in Wiper Blades
The material of the wiper blade significantly affects its performance and lifespan.
- Rubber: The most common material, known for its flexibility. However, it can deteriorate faster under extreme weather conditions.
- Silicone: More durable than rubber and performs better in a range of temperatures. Silicone blades can also leave a water-repellent layer on the windshield.
- Coated Blades: Some blades are coated with materials like Teflon for smoother operation and increased longevity.
3 Easy Steps to Replacing a Faulty Wiper Blade
Replacing wiper blades is a simple process that can be done in a few steps:
Step 1: Remove the Old Wiper
- Lift the wiper arm away from the windshield.
- Press the small tab under the wiper where it meets the wiper arm.
- Slide the wiper blade down towards the car to unhook it from the arm.
Step 2: Attach the New Wiper
- Take the new wiper blade and insert the arm through the appropriate hole in the blade.
- The blade should be lined up parallel to the arm.
- Pull it up until you hear a clicking sound, indicating that it’s securely attached.
Step 3: Test the Wiper
- Gently lower the wiper arm back onto the windshield.
- Test the new wiper blade to ensure it’s working correctly and not leaving streaks.
Choosing the right windshield wiper brand can significantly impact your driving experience, especially during harsh weather conditions. Bosch, Rain-X, Michelin, ANCO, and Aero stand out as some of the best brands available online, each offering unique features and benefits. Understanding the differences in materials and technology used in wiper blades can help you make an informed decision. Additionally, knowing how to replace a faulty wiper blade is a valuable skill that can save you time and ensure your safety on the road. Remember, regular maintenance of your windshield wipers is key to maintaining clear visibility and safe driving conditions.