21 Aug 21 Hilarious Ford vs Chevy Jokes: The Battle of the Giants
In the American automotive scene, few rivalries are as historic or entertaining as the Ford versus Chevy debate. From the assembly line to the race track, and even in the world of comedy, the battle between these two automotive giants has been fiercely fought for over a century. So, how did this Ford vs Chevy battle get started? And where does this contest take place? Let’s dig into the history and then lighten the mood with some hilarious Ford vs Chevy jokes.
How did the Ford vs Chevy Battle Get Started?
The rivalry between Ford and Chevrolet started soon after the companies were founded in the early 20th century. Founded by Henry Ford in 1903, Ford was the first company to introduce the assembly line, significantly reducing production time and making cars more affordable for the average consumer. Just a few years later, in 1911, Louis Chevrolet and William C. Durant founded Chevrolet. Durant was previously the founder of General Motors and had been ousted. He used Chevrolet to regain control of GM, and by 1918, Chevrolet became a division of GM.
The competition between the two companies intensified during the 1920s, with both companies aiming to outdo each other in terms of innovation, style, performance, and pricing. The rivalry was arguably solidified in the popular consciousness during the muscle car era of the 1960s and 1970s, where both brands produced high-performance vehicles that captured the hearts of car enthusiasts.
Where Has This Epic Battle Taken Place?
The Ford vs Chevy battle has been fought on many fronts. The most obvious battleground is the marketplace, where both brands continually vie for consumer dollars with their lineup of cars, trucks, and SUVs. Year after year, models like the Ford F-150 and Chevrolet Silverado compete for the title of the best-selling vehicle in America.
The rivalry also extends to professional racing circuits, such as NASCAR, where Ford and Chevrolet teams regularly compete for supremacy.
Now, let’s switch gears and tickle our funny bones with 21 hilarious Ford vs Chevy jokes.
21 Hilarious Ford vs Chevy Jokes
- What should you do if you find three Chevrolet owners buried up to their neck in cement? Get more cement.
- How do you double the value of a Ford? Fill the gas tank.
- What do you call a Chevy at the top of a hill? A miracle.
- What’s the difference between a Ford and a golf ball? You can drive a golf ball 200 yards.
- Why do Chevy owners carry a picture of their car in their wallet? So they can break the ice when they pull it out to show their coworkers the family photo.
- What do you call a Ford with dual exhausts? A wheelbarrow.
- Why don’t Chevy owners need a bookmark? Cause every time they cough, they’re on a new page.
- How is a golf ball different from a Ford? You can drive a golf ball further.
- Why did the Chevy cross the road? It couldn’t resist the Ford dealership on the other side.
- Why do they fit heated tail pipes to Ford cars? To keep your hands warm while you’re pushing them.
- What do Chevy and a tornado have in common? Sooner or later, both end up in a ditch.
- Why are the latest Ford vehicles so aerodynamically designed? It improves the Chevy tow truck’s fuel consumption.
- How do you make a Chevy accelerate 0 – 60 mph in less than 15 seconds? Push it off a cliff.
- What is the difference between a Chevy and a shopping cart? A shopping cart is easier to push.
- How is a golf ball different from a Chevy? You can drive a golf ball 300 yards.
- What goes on pages 4-5 of the Ford’s user’s manual? The bus and train timetables.
- What do you call a Chevy with brakes? Customized.
- Why do Ford owners go to the dealership on weekends? So they can drive back home on a tow truck.
- How do you improve the appearance of a Chevy? Park it between two Fords.
- Why did the Ford owner go to the dealership? He heard they had a car that could make it past 60,000 miles.
- What do you call a Chevy owner who says his car has never had any problems? A liar.
Whether you’re a Ford fan or a Chevy enthusiast, you have to admit that this rivalry makes for some great humor. And, while we all enjoy a good laugh, remember that no matter what you drive, maintenance is key. Should you ever find yourself stranded due to a breakdown, Mach1 Services is your dependable roadside assistance provider.
So, whether you’re laughing at these jokes in the comfort of a Ford or a Chevy, remember: at the end of the day, the best vehicle is the one that gets you where you need to go (even if it’s towed by a Mach1 roadside assistance truck!).