04 May The Best Flat Tire Repair Kits on the Market
Flat tires are never fun, but having the right flat tire repair kits can help you out fast and easily in flat tire situations. There are several solutions for flat tires, but being prepared is always a great option. Keeping a flat tire repair kit in your vehicle at all times is the only way to be fully ready if you do get a flat tire.
The most popular and quality flat tire repair kits on the market: Boulder Tools 56-Piece, Slime 70004 Power Spair, BETOOLL 22-Piece Tire Repair Kit, Tooluxe Universal, and Safety Seal KAP30 String Pro. A kit and tire repair service provider is what you need most when facing a flat tire.
None of us enjoy them, but almost all of us will have to deal with them; flat tires are a nuisance. If you own a great quality and easy-to-use flat tire repair kit, then you can deal with flat tires fast on your own. However, you may need immediate road assistance or future service for a plugged tired. Keep reading to find out how to be prepared for an unexpected flat tire.
Mach1 Services Flat Tire Roadside Assistance – For Those without a Kit
Feeling alone with a flat tire is one of the worst feelings in the world. Luckily you can avoid that undesired situation with Mach1 roadside assistance. If you are stuck with a flat tire, a slow leak, or a tire puncture and have no tire kit, then Mach1 Services is your best bet.
Mach 1 services will make sure your car gets back on the road as soon as possible and as easily as possible.
Here’s everything you need to know to use Mach1 Services for a flat tire (or other roadside assistance needs):
- You will need to sign in to the Mach1 app with your email address, password, and mobile phone number.
- You will select the “flat tire” service out of the available services.
- You will add your vehicle, with the flat tire, into your account and select it.
- Once you seek the flat tire service, an expert will be connected to you.
- You can have in-app contact with the expert through call or text.
- The app will lead you to a map, where you can track where the mach1 flat tire service expert is and estimate how long it will take for them to reach you.
- Once the service provider reaches you, your problem will be addressed.
- Afterward, you can leave the service provider who attended to you your honest rating.
- Please note that currently, the Mach1 app does not provide or sell spare tires. If you do not have a spare tire, you should order a tow truck service.
What is the Best Flat Tire Repair Kit?
If you prefer a flat tire repair kit instead of roadside flat tire assistance, then the Boulder Tools 56-Piece kit is your best bet. It’s a completely flat tire repair kit that comes widely recommended by reviewers. More details on this specific kit below.
What is in a Flat Tire Repair Kit?
Flat tire repair kits should be equipped with all the main things you need to fix a flat tire, especially in an emergency situation. The following items are what a flat tire repair kit may contain.
- Needle and rasp tools, with T-handles
- Spare needle
- Premium pliers
- Hex tools
- Multiple pieces of repair rubber (usually 40 pieces)
- Tire gauge
- Sealing lubricant
- String plugs
- Valve cores
- Chrome and plastic valve caps, and valve extensions
- Pair of gloves
There may be more or fewer items in your flat tire kit, depending on which one you get. Moreover, flat tire kits tend to come in boxes with all the items organized inside them.
Can a Completely Flat Tire be Repaired?
Depending on the level of damage done, a flat tire may or may not be fully repaired. Where the puncture is in the flat tire also decides whether a flat tire can be fully repaired or not.
The following factors mean a tire cannot be completely repaired.
- The puncture took place in the shoulder of the tire.
- The puncture took place in the sidewall of the tire.
- The puncture is the size of a quarter of an inch or larger.
- Other present injuries, if they are too many in number or overlap with the puncture, also prevent full reparation.
The following factors mean that a tire being fully prepared is possible.
- The puncture occurred in the puncture repair area of the tire.
- The puncture is smaller than a quarter of an inch.
The 5 Best Flat Tire Repair Kits on the Market
Flat tires happen to many of us, and sometimes when we least expect it. Even the most careful drivers get a flat tire. There are just too many unexpected factors we all encounter while driving. This is why having a flat tire repair kit in reach of your vehicle is a good idea. Listed below are the top five flat tire repair kits on the market.
Kit 1: Boulder Tools 56-Piece Kit
The Boulder Tools 56-Piece kit is one of the top flat tire repair kits on the market.
|About the Boulder Tools 56-Piece kit||● This kit is a lifesaver whenever you face a flat tire.
● The multiple tools provided in this kit, along with the durable quality of each tool, make it a customer favorite.
● The variety of tools allows you to handle various types of tire punctures.
● Multiple string plugs are included in this kit.
● This kit box is pretty big in size, which might make storage hard.
|Where to buy||● You can order the Boulder Tools 56-Piece kit on Amazon
● Price: $45.99
Kit 2: Slime 70004 Power Spair Kit
|About Slime 70004 Power Spair Kit||● This flat tire repair kit is great as it gives you two approaches to repair tires with different sized punctures.
● The name has "slime" in it because slime is one of the items provided in this kit.
● The slime's quality is to cover and block small punctures easily.
● You apply the slime to the punctured area and allow it to dry up with some time.
● The slime is this kit's unique feature. However, it is not a permanent quality solution.
● This kit also provides you with traditional string plugs to deal with larger punctures.
|Where to buy||● Buy the Slime 70004 Power Spair kit on Amazon
● Price: $59.99
Kit 3: BETOOLL 22-Piece Tire Repair Kit
The BETOOLL 22-Piece Tire Repair Kit is great if you are looking for an affordable option for tubeless tires.
|About BETOOLL 22-Piece Tire Repair Kit||● This flat tire repair kit is comparatively cheap.
● This is a good kit for tubeless tires.
● This kit will assist you in removing any sharp objects that get stuck on your tires.
● It is simple and easy to use, and the items in this kit are of good quality.
● This kit will allow you to plug any tire.
● Please note that this is a small kit and does not come with pliers or other cutting tools.
|Where to buy||● You can buy the BETOOLL 22-Piece Tire Repair Kit on Amazon
● Price: $15.99
Kit 4: Tooluxe Universal Tire Repair Kit
This is a sturdy flat tire repair kit.
|About Tooluxe Universal Tire Repair Kit||● This kit comes in two sets: 35 piece kit or a 57 piece kit.
● The tools in this kit are of high quality and have great durability.
● The toolkit box is designed for easy storage.
● The unique steel spiral rasp and insert needle make it more comfortable and effective when repairing tires.
|Where to buy||● You can buy the Tooluxe Universal Tire Repair Kit on Amazon.
● The price of the 35-piece kit: $15.40
● The price of the 57-piece kit: $26.90
Kit 5: Safety Seal KAP30 String Pro Tire Repair Kit
This flat tire repair kit gets praise for its durability.
|About Safety Seal KAP30 String Pro Tire Repair Kit||● This kit will provide you with a sturdy metal reamer and needle.
● This kit will give you an extra insertion needle as well.
● The T-handles of this kit's tools are ergonomic, which means comfortable use.
● This kit also includes a carry case, 30 repair plugs, and instructions with pictures.
● Every item in this kit can be ordered separately, too, if you want more of a particular tool or need a replacement.
|Where to buy it?||● You can buy the Safety Seal KAP30 String Pro Tire Repair Kit on Amazon.
● Price: $46.50
How Long Can you Drive on a Plugged Tire?
The common agreement amongst experts is that you can drive on a plugged tire for seven to ten years. However, just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
It might save you money for now, but it is better to buy a good tire replacement. The plugged tired is a damaged tire with a seal on it. The plug does not repair the damage. Therefore, driving on a plugged tire means a higher risk of another puncture or other serious problems.
Therefore, you should drive on a plugged tired for a much shorter period of time.
- You may drive on a plugged tire for a few months, but no longer than that.
- You want a good tire replacement as soon as possible.
The bottom line is, plugs are just “bandaids” and do not make a proper replacement for a brand new puncture-free tire.
Remember, safety is everyone’s priority. You should make sure you and anyone who rides with you are kept safe. This is why it is important to know about road assistance providers, quality flat tire repair kits, and the time limits on riding on plugged tires. Reading this article surely put you a step in the right direction for potential flat tires.
There you have it. Now you know which app to keep on your phone for sudden vehicle troubles. You, your family, and your friends should download the app right away. You are also aware now of the best flat tire repair kits out there and should invest in one to be safe in future rides.