20 Aug Ever wonder how much a jump start costs and who to call?
It’s really hard to kill your car’s battery if it’s a relatively new car. But, even though your car beeps at you if you leave the lights on when exiting the vehicle, you may not be paying attention and next thing you know, you’ve let your car battery run dry. And, you’re not going to get going again until you’ve jump-started your car!
How much a jump start costs and who to call.
Mach1 is the best app to use if you need a jump start! And, don’t worry, our service providers only charge fair market prices. Read on as we tell you all about using Mach1’s app to get your car jump-started. We’ll discuss all the other places and ways you can get your car jump-started, but after you’ve read the evidence, we’re sure you’ll agree that Mach1 is the best. It’s convenient, it’s safe and it’s always at your fingertips. So, buckle up and let’s get started!
Mach1’s roadside services
Before we get into the specifics of getting your car battery jump-started, let’s look at Mach1 and what it can do for you.
Mach1 Roadside Assistance is the best roadside assistance solution out there. You see, there’s no need to subscribe or pay dear money for an annual subscription. If you’re stuck on the side of the road, just log onto our roadside app that matches and automatically dispatches local roadside providers to you based on the service needed, from tire changes, to lockouts to jump starts. The app is quick and easy to use. And you won’t get stranded again, because we use GPS to get the closest service provider out to you in no time at all!
We thoroughly check out all of our service providers and require that they are insured. Our network of providers includes garages, locksmiths, tow trucks and more. We only work with the most talented people, so you’re in good hands.
Plus, Mach1 supports veterans. We waive onboarding fees to all honorably discharged veterans who want to become Mach1 service providers.
Check out all of our services:
· Dead Battery
· Flat Tire
· Mobile Mechanic
· Out of Fuel
· Tow Truck
· Trip Inspection
How much does a jump start cost?
Mach1 bases its prices on the fair market value of the region you’re in. You won’t pay for any hidden extras. And, you’ll see the estimated price before you hit confirm. Plus, you don’t sign off on the final amount until the service provider is finished! What could be easier?
How the competition prices their services
It’s always a good idea to compare prices and services when you’ve got car troubles. You’ll see that the prices below vary greatly. And, not all services are as reliable as Mach1.
- Insurance company’s roadside assistance plan – Plans can run from as low as $14 per year to in the hundreds per year.
- Uber (some drivers offer jump-starts as part of their service) – $5 to $10
- Independent roadside assistance from companies like Honk.com – Service starts at $49 and will vary by make/model
- Your state’s roadside assistance service – Free
- Mobile mechanic like YourMechanic.com – $79.99 to $89.99 to diagnose; jump start price varies based on make/model. See what all a mobile mechanic can do in that article!
How do you jump-start a car by yourself?
When I started driving, my uncle bought me a portable jump starter. But, now with Mach1’s quick and easy app, I have relegated my portable jump starter to the attic. Though, if you’re interested in getting a portable battery charger as a backup, read on below.
DBPOWER Portable Car Jump Starter
- Chargeable and works on engines up to 7.2L
- Jumper cables
- USB port to charge all your electronics
- LCD screen to show how much power it has
- Compass in case you are lost
- 3-year warranty
Jump-starting your car with a portable car jump starter:
- Make sure car and jump starter are turned off and keys are out of ignition
- Attach red clamp to positive terminal on car battery and black clamp to car hood
- Turn on portable jump starter
- Turn the ignition on car
At this point, the car should turn on; so you can now shut off jump starter and then remove black clamp first and then red clamp. If the car doesn’t turn on, wait five minutes and try again. If you’ve tried several times (waiting 5 minutes in between each try) and your car still won’t turn on, your battery could be drained or even damaged. In that case, you’ll have to call for service, so make sure you have your phone handy and your Mach1 app up on the screen!
Who do I call for a jump start?
Maybe you’re wondering, can a completely dead battery be recharged? It’s never convenient to discover your car has a dead battery. You may be late for an appointment, the weather may be awful, or you may be broken down in an isolated area. You have many choices to get you on the road again, but only one clear winner. Mach1 is head and shoulders about the rest. But why is Mach1 the best? Let’s take a look:
- You don’t need to be a member of any roadside assistance plan to use Mach1
- Wait times are cut because we use GPS to send the closest service provider to you
- The app is free of charge. You don’t pay until the service is completed
- Paying is easy; you pay with your credit or debit card right in the app
- If you need to speak to someone at Mach1, you can call through the app 24/7
- Mach1 thoroughly vets our service providers through our 7-point candidate check.
- If you’re not sure it’s your battery, you can order one of Mach1’s mobile mechanics. They’ll be able to determine if you need to add a jump-start to your service
Other ways to get a jump start
Before Mach1 came on the scene, you’d have to wait on the side of the road for an indeterminate amount of time before service would come to jump your battery. Let’s look at some other ways to get your car jump-started; we’re sure you’ll agree that Mach1 is safer and more convenient.
- Roadside assistance from your auto insurance, cellphone plan, or independent company. You’ll have to sign up for the plan first. And there may be services that the plans don’t cover.
- Your state’s roadside assistance service. Not all states have one; check before you drive. You could be left out in the cold if your state doesn’t offer roadside assistance.
- A tow truck. You can find the cost for a tow truck in your area by googling and reading reviews. Ask for a quote of the jump start cost when you call them. But, you won’t know if the drivers have been vetted or are insured.
Can you call the police to start your car?
The police are designed for law enforcement and public safety and so no, you shouldn’t call the police for a jump start. If your vehicle is stranded and you’re in an emergency situation where you believe your safety is at risk then yes, you can definitely call the police to help jump-start your car. This also applies if you’re in a dangerous, unlit area. Police are trained to help stranded motorists. They will most likely have jumper cables to jump-start your car, but it wouldn’t hurt for you to have a pair of cables just in case you ever need them. If you find this to be your situation, and it poses a risk or emergency, call 911. For all of your other needs you really should utilize a jump start roadside assistant service like that provided by Mach 1 or a tow-truck service locally.
Will Uber jump-start your car?
It really depends on your Uber driver. See, they own their own cars, and some may not want to jump-start your car. It is their prerogative. But, if you do find an Uber driver willing to jump-start your car, you’ll want to pay them a fee of between $5 and $10, depending on the driver. Discuss it with them before you book a ride. Oh, and you’ll need your own jumper cables! If you call Mach1’s jump start service provides, you won’t have to worry about having your own jumper cables.
Don’t get caught out in the cold.
We hope you never get caught with a dead battery. But, if you do, don’t worry Mach1 has your back! For more information about the functions of a car battery or how a car battery works check out those articles our page! We hope that our advice and tips will help you in you’re stranded in your driveway or on the side of the road with a car that won’t turn on.
Why Mach1 is the best
And make sure you take a look at Mach1 for its jump start service providers and all the other services we offer. Don’t forget that we don’t require a subscription. We care about your safety, using a 7-point system to vet our service providers. And, also to ensure your safety, our app uses GPS to find the service provider closest to your location. Our job one is to get you back in your car and on the road quickly. And of course, we don’t want to you break the bank when using our service. So, you can rest assured that our prices are fair, and you won’t have to pay until the service is completed. What more can you ask when you need your car repaired?
Mach1’s full range of services
And don’t forget about all the other services that Mach1 offers. So, not only can we rescue you when you’re dealing with a dead battery, we will come to you to do vehicle repairs and maintenance such as oil changes. We’ll unlock your car when you’ve locked your keys inside. We’ll bring you gasoline when you’ve run out. And, we’ll even come out to inspect your car before you go on a driving trip. There’s no better feeling than the peace of mind you’ll get when your car gets the thumbs up before a well-deserved getaway!
So, make sure you download Mach1’s handy app today. You never know when your car is going to act up. You could be on the way to the grocery store or to an important meeting. Your time is valuable, and we know it. That’s why we do what we do!
We made this app for you, a busy person on the go. And we use only the best service providers, ones that know cars inside and out. You’re never far from our service providers so you can drive with confidence.
Yes, there are different services that can come to your aid and jump-start your car, but when you compare them to Mach1, you’ll see that Mach1 always comes out on top. Though, just in case, don’t forget to check out the portable charger we spoke about and the directions we gave to use one. And, remember, if you’re really in a pinch, call 911 or your local police. We want you to stay safe!